Parallels and Office 2013 issues
After installing Office 2013 into my Parallels Desktop (Win 7) I’ve realised that performance has decreased significantly. I could see that it was clearly related to some new animation effects and with the help of my friend Google I’ve found 2 small changes that made a huge difference. Both are described below.
Office display options change
Open World 2013 and follow these steps:
- Go to the ‘File’ tab and click on options.
- On the ‘Word Options’ window click on ‘Advanced’.
- Scroll down to the ‘Display’ section and change the following:
- Check ‘Disable hardware graphics acceleration’ box
- Uncheck ‘Use subpixel positioning to smooth fonts on screen’
The changes applied to Word will reflect in all other Office applications.
Disable Office animations
- Using Register Editor (regedit.exe), go to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Graphics
- Create new DWORD named ‘DisableAnimations’ and set its value to ‘1’ (as shown below)
Please let me know if you have any more performance tips!